We're Hiring: Senior Platform Engineer
Join our team and help us build a new kind of food system.
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ Smart Fridges (software-enabled vending machines) as well as direct-to-consumer channels. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We are seeking a Senior Platform Engineer for our Platform team. You’ll play an integral role in building a centralized technology platform to scale the company’s business. You will partner closely with our supply chain and consumer engineering teams to understand engineering needs and help us design and implement a scalable and durable foundation. This role will shape the direction of our platform capabilities as well as lead innovation efforts to mature our internal process.
What You’ll Do:
- Get us to a proactive State. Work with Software and Platform teams to improve our cloud monitoring.
- Use automation to reduce developer toil. Partner cross-functionally to understand software engineering needs and build scalable solutions to meet them.
- Seek out, introduce, and accelerate new technologies and methodologies to support digital transformation and best practices.
- Mentor junior engineers who are interested in working on the platform team.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that transform our tech platform and capabilities
What Your Background May Look Like:
- Mid-level experience in a Software Development environment
- Cloud expertise (AWS preferred)
- Experience in Serverless architecture
- Demonstrated experience designing systems and processes from the ground up and seeing the project or process to a production ready state.
- Experience writing tech documentation
- Experience writing code / building systems to be used in a production env.
- Experience contributing and collaborating within a team of other engineers
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and communicating with technical and non-technical team members
- Tech-related degree preferred.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - We stay connected, whether in person or virtually. We encourage transparency through monthly town hall meetings and weekly financial updates. Participation ranges from sampling and providing feedback on the new menu items we’re coming up with in our test kitchen to contributing meaningfully to our DEIB committee. We enjoy cross-functional lunch & learns, social hours, and game nights but also respect that you have a life outside of work.
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Thursday charcuterie, draft cold brew and beer, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.