About the Role
What you are:
We are looking for a user experience and user interface designer responsible for user research and for creating user journey maps, wireframes and prototypes for our digital touch points. As a UX designer, we expect you to have strong design and analytical skills.
- Translate product vision and concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive and sometimes magical human experiences.
- Design products for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Champion new ideas, take smart risks, and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Help the team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible and fun.
- Advise front-end engineers on UI implementation best practices
- 2+ years of UX/UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Experience collaborating with designers and engineers
- A very good understanding of technology, business goals and customer psychology.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to team.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Being able to ask the right questions to elicit answers.
- A passion for the making healthy food accessible to all
You need to be fluent in design thinking, and interaction and visual design skills. We are not looking for candidates with heaps of certificates; you may have developed the skills on your own, just show it to us to.
Benefits: (in addition to a decent salary)
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance
- Macbook + cell phone reimbursement
- Daily credits for our fridge for lunch, or your meal of choice
- Flexible vacation time
- Office yoga, volunteer days, get togethers and more with your input…Choose your own adventure!
At Farmer’s Fridge, we believe it should be easy for everyone to get delicious, nutritious food in a hurry. We source the best ingredients we can find, and bring them to our kitchen in Chicago’s Fulton Market. Every night we chop, roast, mix, and shred everything by hand, creating tasty salads, meals, and snacks that we deliver daily to our growing network of citywide Fridges. Chances are good there’s a Fridge near you right now, stocked full of good stuff, waiting to serve you something tasty with a few taps of a touchscreen. If you’re passionate about our mission and about giving our customers a great experience, apply now!