About the Role
What you are:
Obsessed with manufacturing and logistics. You teem with knowledge of best in class operations approaches from companies who are known for excellence, and can’t wait to apply this to the innovative space of fresh food manufacturing. You are metrics driven (love numbers, competitive about costs), passionate about our purpose of 24/7 access to food you can trust, and absolutely love leading and motivating a team. You are personable, motivating, and can work with hourly line workers and MBAs alike. You thrive in the day to day hustle. No one day is alike.
What you are not: Stuck in the traditional ways of food manufacturing. Afraid of fresh food and a 48 hour shelf life. Afraid of change.
About the team:
The VP of Operations works alongside highly passionate and accomplished leaders who look to you for guidance on how to acquire run a lean and flawless day to day operation. You will report to the SVP of Business Development and Operations and have immense support from the entire leadership team, who deeply believe in the power of people to fuel our growth. You will have a team of direct reports from production, logistics, and facility, and the entire production and delivery operations falls under your purview.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, at the Chicago facility including production, procurement, inventory management, safety, maintenance, and logistics (fleet) with a strong connection to quality, finance, and human resources.
- Manage facility budget, COGS, productivity, recruitment, and retention
- Ensure product quality, consistency, and safety
- Ensure facility compliance with federal, state and local regulations, including but not limited to OSHA, USDA, and FDA.
- Ensure SOPs are in place, working effectively, and integrate with company-wide business process
- Oversee training program across all facility departments
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, employee involvement, and accountability
- Plan for growth within facility, and for new production locations as the business expands nationally
- 7-10 years of Operations experience, 2+ years of Operations leadership experience
- An undergraduate degree in engineering and/or operations management, a management consulting background, and/or an MBA or graduate degree in related field
- A demonstrated passion for fresh food, and a track record in operations management
- Worked in a high-growth environment, preferably in the food space but not required
- Experience with managing both an hourly workforce and a corporate workforce
- A deep passion for food and the Farmer's Fridge mission that everyone deserves the chance to eat better
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are a new place every quarter!
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, long and short term disability, life insurance
- Macbook + cell phone reimbursement
- Daily credits for our fridge for lunch, or your meal of choice
- Flexible vacation time
- Office yoga, volunteer days, get togethers ….More to come….